We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Grant Manager for EU funded projects for our Kifissia offices.
Scope of work
The position assumes A-Z responsibility over Grant-projects’ management and implementation, in line with the donors’ requirements and the organisation’s quality standards. Working closely with partner and stakeholders on the field, the Grants Manager is expected to effectively represent the organization and nurture its relationships in the respective policy area. Our projects are focusing in the social sector and mainly in the fields of Education, Human Rights protection, Employment and Social inclusion, Health promotion etc., and are primarily funded by Institutional donors (e.g. EC).
- Plan the project implementation, organize the project activities and assess /mitigate risks when needed (including managing amendments) to ensure effective project execution.
- Monitor (and guide) partners in project implementation.
- Ensure that projects are well-administered and implemented, in compliance with the donor regulations and internal organization procedures. Maintain deep understanding of donor policies, regulations, and procedures
- Maintain filing and documentation of project activities to ensure quality information management and maintenance of institutional knowledge
- Assume full responsibility for project monitoring and reporting, ensuring high-quality and timely reports meeting donor requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all organisation’s departments; collaborate with internal teams, follow-up and assist with schedule management.
- Undertake drafting of reports and project deliverables, including research activities, and other deliverables, organization of events.
- Represent the organization in front of donors, partners and stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure successful project implementation, in line with requirements and quality standards.
- Be involved in new projects’ design providing insights from functional policy area
- Identification and initiation of new partnerships and strengthening the collaboration with already existing partners.
- Undertake transversal tasks when needed to contribute in efficient team functioning
- Excellent academic background, including a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from a reputable University (a PhD will be considered as an asset).
- Minimum 2 years of progressive professional experience in grant management and implementation is required (Erasmus+, Justice, REC, AMIF, EuropeAid, H2020, EEA Grants etc.). Experience in applied research for the purposes of grant projects will be considered a strong asset.
- Specific research background and/or previous experience in the areas of social policy and social welfare, protection of human rights, inclusion policies, education, employment and social economy, health promotion and/or relevant fields is required.
- Proven experience working with EC funding instruments and good knowledge of EC procedures and funding rules will be considered an asset.
- Must possess entrepreneurial mindset, ownership, flexibility, negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills including decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced working environment; to prioritize tasks and to multi task.
- Autonomous and independent in task accomplishment.
- Positive and professional attitude; ability to lead and to work in a team context
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; desire to build and maintain strong relationships
- Strong ability to draft well-structured reports, summaries and guidelines.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate ideas and concepts both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and accurately record/report task status.
- Excellent English (both verbal and written) is required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Professional knowledge of a second foreign language will be considered an asset.
- Availability to travel and flexibility to occasional work evenings and weekends as required by the projects
- EU citizen/work permit for the EU
- Military obligations fulfilled (when applicable)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and Cover Letter, in English, to [email protected].
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.