About KMOP Skopje
KMOP Skopje is the Branch of KMOP Greece, an NGO with more than 45 years of experience in supporting vulnerable people through the provision of social services, implementation of social activities, education and research on social policy issues. KMOP’s axes of expertise include mental health, employability promotion, gender equality and provision of support to other socially vulnerable groups, with a significant relevant track record.
We are a civil society organization, which has been registered as a local NGO and works closely with KMOP Greece, providing innovative and effective solutions for the benefit of the vulnerable groups of the country, including young people at grassroots level from disadvantaged social backgrounds.
Our goal is to be actively engaged in the social welfare system of North Macedonia as much as possible and contribute to the relief of various vulnerable groups by trying to design actions that address the problems that the country currently faces, making local communities more resilient.
KMOP Skopje through comprehensive analysis, sustainable project activities and its direct involvement with local communities is continuously making efforts for tackling different problems, which are arising from various systematic policy shortcomings and are affecting individuals from disadvantaged background on a daily basis.
For our growing team in Skopje, we are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our team as a Researcher / Proposal writer on a full-time basis. The Researcher / Proposal writer will mainly support the fund-raising (or project development) efforts of KMOP and also contribute to the implementation of current projects.
1) Project development
- Identify funding opportunities from institutional and private donors;
- Design and develop project proposals independently and/or in collaboration with team-members or partners;
- Build new partnerships and strengthen the existing ones, in collaboration with networking team;
- Manage the application process (bid) including collection and verification of required documents as well as monitoring the status of the submitted proposals.
2) Project implementation
- Manage the implementation of projects and timely delivery of outputs and realisation of activities;
- Conduct research (incl. contributing to the research methodology), analyze the findings and draft reports, educational resources and other deliverables, according to the project needs;
- Participating in project meetings, representing the organisation in multiplier and dissemination events, relevant academic conferences etc;
- Organisation and implementation of project activities (workshops, trainings, dissemination events, drafting reports/deliverables etc.), mapping of stakeholders and liaising with them to engage in project activities;
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities (e.g. drafting progress and evaluation reports).
- A bachelor’s and master’s degree in social sciences;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in project implementation and/or proposal writing of EU funded projects (Erasmus+, AMIF, REC, Horizon and/or any other relevant European Commission’s fund);
- Specific research experience in the social sector and social welfare/mental health/disability rights/bullying;
- Experience using multiple research methods for the collection, analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience in designing and piloting training materials;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Macedonian is required.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Strong skills in drafting well-structured reports;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
All applications will be treated as confidential.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team and vision, please send your CV to [email protected], with reference Application for Researcher/Proposal writer”.