Opportunities 4 All
Fighting discriminations and promoting equal opportunities for social integration of people living in absolute poverty in the Region of Central Macedonia.
Agreement Number: 629/30/01/2019
Funded by: Region of Central Macedonia / ESF Duration: 18/9/2018 – 30/6/2023
Greece is facing the greatest economic challenge in its history. In recent years, the vast majority of Greeks have seen their income shrink, due to reductions on their salaries and pensions, or due to unemployment.
The problem has been intensified by the lack of concrete and sufficient governmental policies to promote equal opportunities for those who live in absolute poverty. In particular, the Region of Central Macedonia is ranked 2nd in Greece in terms of number of people living in absolute poverty.
Project – Actions
“Opportunities 4 All” aims at fighting discriminations and promoting equal opportunities for social integration of people living in absolute poverty in the Region of Central Macedonia. The project is implemented by KMOP – Social Action and Innovation Centre, as part of the Operational Programme “Central Macedonia”, co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
During the implementation of the project, the following set of actions will be taken:
Counselling and lifelong learning services for 160 homeless and people who live in absolute poverty.
In particular, the following actions will be implemented:
- An average of seven (7) sessions of socio-psychological counselling and empowering will be delivered to each beneficiary by skilled professionals.
- Three (3) informative seminars per beneficiary will be delivered, aiming to improve the personal, social and professional skills of beneficiaries, their access to the labor market and the development of their entrepreneurial skills.
- Development of an online support platform with information related to the access to services and public goods.
- Support centres in the Region of Central Macedonia
- Raising awareness among organisations and the wider public.
- Networking between the beneficiaries and employers, entrepreneurs, educators and employees.
The project is targeting homeless people and people living in absolute poverty in the Region of Central Macedonia.