CaBuReRa – Capacity Building Relay Race
CaBuReRA’s overall objective was to reduce youth unemployment in the Mediterranean region through youth mobility and professional training.
Project Number: ΙΙ-Β/4.1/0547
Funded by: ENPI CBC MED Duration: 01/2014 – 12/2015
The recent economic crisis has led to a significant increase in unemployment, with young people having been particularly hit. In fact, youth unemployment rates increase to a greater degree than adult unemployment in times of economic shocks, as young people are the “last in” and “first out” during economic recessions.
Youth are drive forces for the social, cultural and economic development of the Euro-Mediterranean Region. Nevertheless, the current situation of youth unemployment represents a hard obstacle to fully express their potential: Greece 55.4%, Italy 36.5%, Portugal 35.9% (Eurostat, 2011), Jordan 32% (UNICEF, 2011), Lebanon 21% (EC, 2011) and Palestine 32.7%. Skills mismatch and/or lack of relevant work experience are common factors in these countries.
CaBuReRA’s overall objective was to reduce youth unemployment in the Mediterranean region through youth mobility and professional training in the field of cooperation and project management. The project also aimed to reinforce Civil Society Organisations by strengthening the networks and collaboration between the two shores of the Mediterranean, in order to develop efficient synergies to struggle against youth unemployment.
- Mobility of 90 young people: 30 youth workers and 60 young unemployed were involved in a 4-month training program.
- Relay Race, exchange and training among participants in each partners’ countries.
- Two-month internship for 60 young unemployed in their country of origin.
- Active involvement of local organisations to wide their dimension to the Mediterranean area through collaboration.
- CaBuReRa Platform, an interactive tool that you can consult to interact with participants, leave your idea, learn more about project management, policies and funding opportunities at Euro-Mediterranean level. Visit the Platform.
- Local and international dissemination seminars.
- Handbook on project management at Euro-Mediterranean level developed by the participants. Download the CaBuReRa handbook.