Are people’s lives getting better over generations? Can policies improve our lives and welfare? Are we measuring the right things?
These are important questions that both academics and policymakers seek to answer in order to design and implement policies that will reduce welfare disparities across European regions and will deliver prosperity. The “Reframing Welfare Policy Workshop” series, hosted by KMOP Policy Center and Ethos Lab – Centre for Governance and Sustainability Research, will embark on a journey to answer these questions through six online workshops that will focus on different aspects and issues around welfare.
The inaugural workshop, taking place online on Wednesday 2 March, 2022, 5.00-6.30 pm CET, will set the ground by focusing on issues of measuring welfare disparities and policy challenges in delivering welfare via a panel of speakers and a series of discussions.
- Mikuláš Dzurinda, President of the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies, former Prime Minister of Slovakia
- Prof. Dame Henrietta Moore, Professor, University College London, Founder and Director of Institute for Global Prosperity
- Prof. Paul Dolan, Professor, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Dr. Georgios Melios, Founder Ethos Lab – Centre for Governance and Sustainability Research
- Prof. Pyrros Papadimitriou, Director of KMOP Policy Center, Associate Professor, University of the Peloponnese
The discussion will be moderated by Prof. Antonis Klapsis, Assistant Professor, University of the Peloponnese.
You can see the Programme of the event HERE.
The event is open to the public and will be held in English. Pre-registration is required.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected].