The Technical Assistance Project “EU support for the sustainable solutions for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and returnees” implemented by a consortium led by KMOP – Social Action and Innovation Centre, came successfully to its end. The activities started in June 2018 and lasted until July 2020.
Under this project, the KMOP led consortium assisted the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia and the Beneficiary Institutions – Commissariat for Refugees and Migrations and the Office for Kosovo and Metohija to manage and monitor 13 grant projects. The grant projects are implemented in partnership with local self-governments and international and local civil society organizations, in cooperation with the Office for Kosovo and Metohija and the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration as main beneficiary institutions.
By the end of April 2020, significant results were achieved contributing to the improvement of IDPs and returnees life.
In cooperation with the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration:
- 21 prefabricated houses delivered, 134 building material packages provided and 29 village houses provided for durable housing solutions to 184 families,
- 86 income generation “grants” distributed for IDPs and returnees,
- 86 people started up own business activity,
- 437 people trained in VET, agricultural activities and safety at work,
- Numerous public events for IDPs and returnees have been organized to provide information on how to receive support, outreach campaigns were organized, with estimated outreach to more than 12,000 people,
- Support to development of 11 Local Action Plans was delivered
In cooperation with Office for Kosovo and Metohija:
- 67 families were enabled to return to Kosovo,
- 57 IDPs were supported through “grants” for starting up own businesses or agriculture-oriented activities,
- 97 participants of Go and See visits,
- 67 families supported through return related transport, 67 families received furniture and white goods packages,
- Numerous events were organized with more than 1,000 participants, as well as many informative campaigns that reached more than 40,000 people,
- For 415 IDPs and returnees VET, IT trainings, bus and truck driving courses, and 69 income generation grants (machinery, professional equipment) were distributed.
For more you can watch the video: