On Thursday, 8th of April 2021 from 14.00 to 17.00, KMOP – Social Action and Innovation Centre invites you to the online event “Actions for the integration of migrants in the local community: exchange of stories and experience“, organized within the European project MAX – Maximising Migrants’ Contribution to Society.
The event will be a unique opportunity to improve the public image of migrants in Europe by changing the narrative around the immigration discourse and putting on the front the stories of real people.
At the center of the discussion will be topics such as:
- Common stereotypes about migrants today: How can they be overcome?
- The positive impact of migrants in the local community
- Good practices in migrant integration / Success stories at cultural, economic and social / educational level
- How can culture contribute to the social inclusion of migrants?
- The education / empowerment of young people and their absorption in the labour market
- The role of media in the public image of refugees and immigrants
- Local integration policies
- The contribution of civil society organisations to migrants’ integration
The event is open to the public – the general public, third-country nationals, public bodies, organisations dealing with migrants, the media and other stakeholders.
Register to the event here: https://bit.ly/2PbHLvn
Read more about the agenda and the speakers by clicking https://bit.ly/3rDGAlh
Free Participation – Pre-registration is required. At the end of the event, certificates of attendance will be given. The event will be hosted in Greek. English live interpretation will be available.
A few words about the project
The MAX project aims to improve the public image of migrants in Europe by changing the narrative around the immigration discourse and putting on the front the stories of real people. Storytelling, creation of positive messages for the media and dialogic encounters between locals and newcomers are the key figures of the project.
The project is funded by the European Union, under the AMIF program, includes 20 partners, 15 local organisations from 12 EU Member States and five partners at EU level.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com!