KMOP – Social Action and Innovation Centre along with Generation 2.0 RED has just launched a new free online training course aimed at professionals who want to better prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence in the context of migration.
The training course aims at improving the skills of professionals in order to identify cases of sexual and gender-based violence, as well as to provide supporting services to SGBV victims.
The training course lasts 5 hours and consists of 7 units:
- Module 1: Introduction to sexual and gender-based violence
- Module 2: Τhe main effects of gender-based violence on the psycho-physical-social health of victims and of witnessing children
- Module 3: The antiviolence centers
- Module 4: Gender-based and sexual violence in forced migration: LGBTQI+. Trafficking and smuggling. Female genital mutilation (FGM).
- Module 5: International and National Legislation on Gender-based Violence
- Module 6: National and International Regulations on Refugees/Applicants for International Protection and Gender Violence
- Module 7: The code of conduct and values
After completing all modules participants can apply for a certificate by sending an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To attend the online course, please register in the following link: http://www.oxfamedu.it/moodle/login/index.php
The training course has been designed in the framework of the «NetCare – Networking and Care for Refugee and Migrant Women» project, which is funded by the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Program of the European Union.